HOUSTON – With all eyes on Houston for the Big Game, the city's hottest fashion destination is suiting up to ensure athletes, fans, visitors and more are dressed to the nines when the teams hit the field. River Oaks District, located in the heart of Houston and home to world-renowned luxury brands including Dior, ETRO, Roberto Cavalli, Les Copains and more, will feature a week-long schedule of special in-store events with NFL legends, star athletes and influencers to benefit a variety of charitable causes.
“We've pulled out all the stops to create a lively atmosphere for guests to enjoy River Oaks District, whether they're looking to experience the best shopping and dining in the city or gain exclusive access to one-of-a-kind, luxury pieces flown in specially for game day festivities,” said Jennifer Rivera, marketing manager for River Oaks District. “With so much to offer, including more than 50 fashionable retail shops, restaurants and cafes, River Oaks District is a must on every traveler's itinerary.”
Los Angeles Boutique Hosts Pop-up Shop
ALBA, a Los Angeles-based boutique offering bespoke clothing for elite professionals in sports, business and entertainment, has partnered with the District to host a week-long pop-up shop. With a client roster including Earvin “Magic” Johnson, JJ Watt, The Rock, Kevin Hart and Adrian Peterson, the designers at ALBA specialize in creating “the look of your legacy” for fashion-forward athletes. The ALBA pop-up shop will be open to the public, where guests can select custom pieces from the label along with a selection of celebrity-owned lines, featuring:
- Kareem Jackson's Fly Guy Clothing Co.,
- Danielle and Matt Forte's The Forte Collection,
- Charles Woodson Wines,
- Rob Nkemdiche's Timeless Generation, and
- Terrell Owens's ProToType 81.
Iconic Athletes Descend Upon the District
River Oaks District will also host a series of intimate events with NFL legends, television commentators, NBA stars and influencers to celebrate their business endeavors and support philanthropic foundations. Highlights include:
- Former Houston Texan Chester Pitts partners with ETRO for an exclusive night of shopping to benefit The Chester Pitts Charitable Foundation;
- NBA All-Star Tracy McGrady and Wife CleRenda McGrady host an exclusive preview of Roberto Cavalli's couture gowns, and then celebrate the launch of CleRenda's book Push Thru! Redefine and Create Your Own Success Story at Dior;
- Former NBA Champion Kevin Willis showcases his Atlanta-based lifestyle brand, Willis & Walker, featuring sportswear and tailored clothing at Grey House;
- NFL Pro Bowl Safety Malcolm Jenkins partners with Davidoff of Geneva to present his Rock Avenue Bowtie Collection;
- Former NBA Star TJ Ford brings together his mother and wife, Mary and Candace, to host an evening at Les Copains and John Lobb in honor of TJ Ford Basketball and Project Beautiful Me; and
- Devi Brown and Meghan Cushing, wives of Texans stars Duane Brown and Brian Cushing will host a sip and shop event at Baanou and Alice + Olivia with a portion of proceeds benefitting their foundations.
Coveted Collections Available Only at River Oaks District
Fashion houses and iconic jewelers have flown in one-of-a-kind, exquisite pieces straight from the runway just in time for the Big Game. From the latest resort collections to sought-after statement looks, legendary retailers such as Tom Ford, Cartier, Dolce & Gabbana, Van Cleef & Arpels and more offer a paradise for luxury shoppers. Additionally, fast-fashion brands including COS, Intermix, Bonobos and Houston-based Baanou provide must-have styles for customers.
Texas Hospitality at Your Fingertips
River Oaks District Houston welcomes Super Bowl visitors from around the world with a special Global Access program, which provides out of town shoppers with access to special offers, services and amenities such as complimentary refreshments, transportation, valet parking, hotel package delivery, alterations, beauty treatments, dining discounts and more. For further details and a printable voucher, visit www.riveroaksdistrict.com/tourism.
The District's full-time dedicated concierge team can provide every perk to elevate customers' experiences, from making reservations and arranging car service to delivery services. They can be emailed online via the River Oaks District website or reached at 713-904-1310.
About River Oaks District
River Oaks District is a curated collection of luxury and best-in-class retail, dining, entertainment and living amenities set in a sophisticated open-air environment. From world-class brands with iconic storefronts to upscale restaurants and luxury entertainment, River Oaks District is a shopping and dining destination like none other. Stroll the walkable, tree-lined streets and plaza with a magnificent canopy of mature oak trees and lush landscaping. Dine alfresco at artisan cafes and bistros or relax and unwind at the full-service spa and wellness center. The cosmopolitan streetscape creates an experience that evokes great worldwide cities while remaining authentic to its Texas roots. www.riveroaksdistrict.com